Avinor Exhibitions


Radar dome


Koksa radar


Namsos Control Tower

Skjermbilde 2019-02-13 kl. 09.32.29.png

Airport operative station

Operative centre, Narvik Airport Framnes

Narvik Airport was operational from 1975 to 2017.

All of the equipment from the airport and was donated to the Avinor Museum in 2017 and is displayed in the original condition from the time the airport was operational. The centre was manned at every landing and take-off. The gate panel is operational and opens and closes the gates.

Skjermbilde 2019-02-12 kl. 18.13.18.png

Fire truck

Mercedes Benz – 1956 model

This fire truck is a foam tender with a capacity of 2,600 litres of water. The fire truck was in service at Oslo Airport Fornebu in the 1950s and 1960s.

The fire truck was donated to the Norwegian Aviation Authority Museum in 1993.

Skjermbilde 2019-02-12 kl. 18.13.11.png

De-icing truck

Volvo F 83 S 380 – 1975 model

The de-icing truck was transferred from Svalbard Airport to Røros Flyservice AS in the early 2000s, when they were at risk of having no de-icing equipment.

On 23 October 2011, the de-icing truck came to Bodø on MS Sunnmøre, a NorLines’ freighter out of Trondheim, after some good Samaritans in Røros Flyservice had driven it from Røros to Trondheim.

Full_DSC_2785 (1)-kopi.jpg

Firefighter uniform

Clothing for emergency response personnel

Clothing for emergency response personnel (boots are missing), including smoke diving mask. Back frame and oxygen tank on the floor. On the wall are survival suits, for use by personnel on board rescue boats.

This equipment originally came from Narvik Airport Framnes. Oxygen tank and boots came from Fagernes Airport Leirin.

Skjermbilde 2019-02-12 kl. 18.13.33.png

Drypowder fire truck

International 1200 D – 1970 model

This dry powder fire truck has a capacity of 200 kg of powder, with an additional 250 kg in the trailer. The fire truck was in service at Røros Airport in the 1970s and 1980s.

The fire truck was donated to the Norwegian Aviation Authority Museum, now the Avinor Museum, in 1998.